By James E. Schultz. More than a history about Schultz’s great grandparents, this book features:
- threads of our German heritage, including food, wine and beer, language, religion, music, dance, and customs woven into the family history and indexed;
- sections devoted to “Why they came”, “Today’s German Attitudes”, and “People and Places”;
- a “Special Find” for each of the eight featured ancestors, a genealogical gem that I uncovered;
- a wide variety of church, government, military, personal, and other resources, with a list of 40 resources cataloged as an appendix; and,
- a section called “Challenges, Tips, and Surprises” that provides helpful pointers for finding information.